Friday, March 5, 2010

Dear blog readers, this is very important

Please take a moment today, and each day in the month of March, to visit this website and vote to provide a year of funding for research into a cure for Spinal Muscular Atrophy.

http://www.refresheverything.com/stopsma

I believe the website does a better job of explaining the disease than I can. The reason I ask that you do this is because of Baby Sam Bennett. I came across her story on facebook, through mutual friends of her family. Her papa, Zach, went to Hastings College at the same time as I did. I didn't know him well but it breaks my heart to hear of a story about a tiny human, so close in age and appearance to my own little muffin, who will only be on this earth for a very short time. Baby Sam's mom, Laura, has a blog here: http://babyhomepages.net/ourbabybennett/index.php. Please also keep this beautiful family in your thoughts and prayers. I cannot begin to imagine the strength that it must take them to get though each day. God bless them, and all other families affected by illness and loss.

No comments: